Select Page

Call to speak with a Licensed Sales Agent 1-833-522-0922 TTY users call: 1-877-486-2048
M-F 8am-7pm CT

Let The Medicare Helpline help you find the right vision coverage for you.

Please enter a zip code.
Lady considering vision coverage with Medicare

Vision Coverage for Medicare Beneficiaries

If you are dependent on assistance for your vision needs and have been on Medicare, you might already know that basic vision care is not covered by Original Medicare (Part A & Part B). There are some instances where vision services are covered, but it’s important to know what is and isn’t before new needs emerge.

If you are in need of treatment that requires you to be hospitalized, Part A will provide coverage. Additionally, Part B will provide partial coverage for some services. Partial coverage includes corrective lenses after cataract surgery if they are required, glaucoma tests, macular degeneration treatment and yearly vision exams for those patients with diabetes.

It is important to understand that Medicare Part B only covers 80% of the Medicare-approved amount for doctors’ services, prescription drugs and corrective lenses. You are left responsible for the remaining 20%, in addition to paying the Part B deductible.

Medicare Vision Coverage Options

Medicare Advantage Plan

Medicare Advantage Plans (also known as Medicare Part C) provide an alternative to Original Medicare. These plans, which are provided by independent health insurers, often include vision coverage, in addition to coverage for dental, prescription drugs and more.

Stand-Alone Vision Plan

If you’re enrolled in Medicare Part B and have routine eye-care needs, a stand-alone vision plan may be a good option.

Couple getting help with Medicare coverage from Medicare Helpline.

Know Your Vision Coverage Options with The Medicare Helpline

The Medicare Helpline’s licensed insurance agents can compare Medicare plans in your area to find the right one for you. Don’t miss out on the benefits you deserve.

Please enter a zip code.
Call to speak with a Licensed Sales Agent

1-833-522-0922 | TTY: 711

Hours: M-F 7am-6pm CT; Sat 9am-2pm CT

© The Medicare Helpline. All rights reserved. The Medicare Helpline is a trademark of SelectQuote, Inc.

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

The Medicare Helpline represents Medicare Advantage (HMO, PPO, PFFS, and PDP) organizations that have a Medicare contract. By completing the contact form above or calling the number listed above, you will be directed to a licensed sales agent who can answer your questions and provide information about Medicare Advantage, Part D or Medicare supplement insurance plans. Availability of carriers and products are dependent on your resident zip code.

The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Contact will be made by an insurance agent/producer or insurance company. Medicare Supplement insurance is available to those age 65 and older enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B and in some states to those under age 65 eligible for Medicare due to disability or End Stage Renal disease. Medicare Supplement insurance plans are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program.


The Medicare Helpline is not affiliated with any governmental program or agency. Plans can only be changed during certain times of the year.

We do not offer every plan available in your area. Any information we provide is limited to those plans we do offer in your area. Please contact or 1–800–MEDICARE [(TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day/7 days a week] to get information on all of your options.


If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please email us at

**The Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs from October 15-December 7. During this time, Medicare recipients can evaluate their current coverage and enroll in new plans for the upcoming year.