3. What information do we collect?
- your IP address, UDID or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier;
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- the URL that referred you to our Services;
- the areas within our Services that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- your Device location;
- your Device characteristics; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
A. Types of Tracking Technologies We Use
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- When Strictly Necessary to Provide the Services
We may use Tracking Technologies that we consider strictly necessary to allow you to use and access the Services, including cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity and improve security.
- To Assess Performance
We may use Tracking Technologies that are useful in order to assess the performance of the Services, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content or services offered through the Services.
- To Improve Functionality
We may use Tracking Technologies to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Services, including identifying you when you visit this Site or keeping track of your specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on this Site.
- To Deliver Relevant Content
We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on the Services and third-party sites based on how you interact with the Services. This includes using Tracking Technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the content that has been delivered to you.
C. Tracking Technologies Choices and Consent
D. Third-Party Tracking
E. Do Not Track
F. Disabling Tracking Features
- to provide you with information or services that you have requested or agreed to receive or to provide you with marketing information or services on behalf of us or third parties;
- to obtain an insurance quote (or Medicaid premium quote) on your behalf or to connect you with insurance companies in whose products you may be interested;
- to respond to a legitimate claim, judicial process or request from law enforcement agency as permitted or required by law;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Services’ features;
- to process an inquiry submitted through the Services, including verifying your information is accurate and valid;
- to improve our Services or their functionality, or to customize your experience on the Services, or to serve you specific content that is relevant to you;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to the Services and/or Services’ policies;
- for internal business purposes; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g., pursuant to law enforcement inquiries, subpoenas or court orders).
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of this Site or applicable database; or
- In connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
6. Third-Party Content and Links to Third-Party SitesThe Services may contain content that is supplied by third parties, and such third parties may collect Usage Information, Demographic Information and your Device Identifier when you use the Services. In addition, when you use the Services, you may be directed to other services that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their services and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. For example, if you “click” on a link, the “click” may take you off this Site onto a different site. These other sites may associate their Tracking Technologies with you, independently collect data about you, including Personal Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. Third-party applications may also be available via the Services. The owners of these applications (“Third-Party Owners”) may collect Personal Information, Demographic Information, Usage Information and/or other data from you and may have their own policies and practices. We are not responsible for how Third-Party Owners or their applications collect or use your information and they may be tracking you across multiple sites and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. These Third-Party Owners may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. We are not responsible for these third-party privacy policies or the practices of Third-Party Owners. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We also encourage you to note when you leave this Site and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party locations and exercise caution in connection with them.
7. Our Participation in Advertising NetworksThe Services may, at our discretion, use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve advertisements on the Services and may use third-party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Services and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your visits to the Services and other apps and sites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be interested.
- to help deliver advertisements to you that you might be interested in;
- to prevent you from seeing the same advertisements too many times; and
- to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements that have been delivered to you.